In over five decades of business MIKI Travel has grown to become a leading provider of wholesale travel products in the global market. With over 40 offices worldwide, we are proud to offer a vast portfolio of travel products covering 173 countries worldwide.
As a Business to Business travel services provider, our product diversity ranges from vast numbers of individual tours to large group series as well as ad-hoc group tours, covering hotels, restaurants and coaches. We provide the highest quality of travel services aiming to innovate and inspire.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience and skills.
About the department
The Facilities department supports an office of over 300 staff at MIKI Travel, based at Vintners Place, in the city.
The building is managed by CBRE who are responsible for the building and all the common areas, including reception, office security, gym, loading bay and car park.
About the role
Working as a team of two, responsible for premises management of the MIKI Travel office space and efficient cost control and management of contractors and suppliers. Additionally, ensuring compliance with HSE requirement in a post Covid-19 environment. This is a role that is suitable to be performed on a part time basis, working 3 days per week.
Cost control and management of contractors/suppliers
- To monitor all contracts through regular review, to ensure costs are in line with the budget an identify opportunities for cost savings. This will include telephone and mobile contract, pest control, vending machines, cleaners and HVAC maintenance.
- To undertake, after consultation with management, the appropriate administration process for specifying and proposing minor contracts.
- To ensure access is provided for maintenance and other contractors engaged to carry out work within the building and facilities.
- Supervision of contracting staff, ensuring that they are fully briefed on health and safety issues and general building policy.
- To monitor contracting the work and behaviour of contract staff, to be the primary contact with contractors ensuring that any error or omission is speedily remedied
- To oversee the onsite cleaner and any contractors to site.
- Responsibility for the supervision of the premises, ensuring that offices and the facilities are well maintained and cleaned, identifying areas for improvement, ensuring the office meets Health & Safety requirements, complying with all legal requirements in a post Covid-19 environment.
- To make a daily inspection of the premises and facilities and arranging for work to be done as necessary.
- Facilitate the removal of rubbish from the site and maintaining outside storage.
- To ensure the proper cleaning of the premises and facilities, by third party contractors. The FS will on occasion be required, if no practical alternative exists within the timescale, to undertake the cleaning of slippery floors, floods, spillages, etc., and make other appropriate arrangements for emergency cleaning
- To ensure the safe and efficient operation of all mechanical, electrical, and heating services in the building or the facilities. To take all appropriate action to ensure and monitor proper and safe levels of lighting, heating, and ventilation.
- Undertake a wide range of minor DIY type repairs.
- Distributing daily postal and couriered deliveries.
- Ordering tea/coffee and kitchen supplies and maintaining stock levels.
- Moving furniture for meetings/training sessions/office changes.
- Liaising with Security and Building Management and representing MIKI at quarterly tenants’ meetings.
- Oversight of the maintenance for two company flats.
- Organise building security passes for new starters and controlling internal passes
- Liaising with Building Reception for visitors.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years facilities management experience, responsible for a mid-sized company of at least 250 staff.
- Contract management and cost control experience.
- High level of customer service orientation and ability to build effective working relationships with others.
- IT literate with advanced Excel skills
- Experience reviewing and adhering to office health & safety standards.
- At least 3 years’ experience supervising others.
- Proactive at problem solving – able to pinpoint issues and identify solutions.
- Previous facilities experience within a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
- Experience using a CAD software
What we offer.
As well as offering a friendly, multicultural environment, our benefits include;
- Riverside offices in the city of London with great transport links
- Free gym and swimming pool on site
- Digital GP service and free eye tests
- Pension, life assurance
- Paid day off on your birthday