Channel Manager Support Executive
In over five decades of business MIKI Travel have grown to become one of the most influential Global Wholesaler’s in the world. With offices in over 36 countries around the world we offer a diverse range of travel products. We aim to deliver outstanding customer service and satisfaction through continuous innovation, development and investment in systems and technology.
About the department
The Connectivity team are responsible for ensuring the system connections between Miki Travel and our Hotel partners are working to an optimal level, passing competitive rates on to our client network, mitigating any challenges experienced with the connections and presenting new ideas for future developments.
We are currently looking to recruit a Channel Manager Support Executive to join our Connectivity team within the eBusiness Department.
This new role is focused on ensuring the successful integration of new Channel Manager product as well as the maintenance and development of existing connections, under the leadership of the Connectivity Supervisor. The Channel Manager Support Executive will also be responsible for all training and ongoing support related to our Channel Manager systems.
- Support the Account Manager looking after Channel Manager and other product connectivity solutions to maintain and develop new and existing accounts.
- Lead all training for the loading and maintenance of Channel Manager and other dynamic product to groups, individuals or remotely based staff.
- Research, plan and prepare training materials and sessions to include ongoing training covering new features or system changes.
- Develop a complete working knowledge of our Channel Manager solution (XML Travelgate), as well as any additional solutions which may be added for the future.
- Support the Implementation team with existing and newly contracted supplier agreements, facilitating the supply of property / rate / room information etc.
- Work with Support and Purchasing teams to identify opportunities for additional product.
- Keep the business informed of any supplier / industry / connectivity issues which may impact the business.
- Proactively use our Business Intelligence systems to run and analyse reports to identify potential issues or opportunities for revenue growth.
- Run quality checks on existing connections to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Collate all information related to product launches and updates and communicate to relevant business partners, both internal and external, to ensure product distribution opportunities are maximised.
- Support the Connectivity Operations team and provide team cover when required
Skills and Experience
Relevant skills / characteristics:
Required experience / knowledge
- The ability to independently identify current/potential problems and determine the best solution by involving the appropriate resources.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects from inception through completion and manage own workload and priorities.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Travel background, ideally with a good understanding of hotel connectivity protocols, front-end UI and mid office systems and business applications.
- Ability to read and understand XML logs.
- Knowledge of dynamic contracts and how a contract is created.
- A passion for data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Capable of training and passing knowledge to other staff members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package and Google applications
As well as offering a lively, multicultural environment, our benefits include
- Continuous training to help you reach your full potential
- Riverside offices in the City of London with great transport links
- Free Gym and Swimming Pool on site
- Digital GP service and free Eye Tests
- Pension, Life Assurance etc.