About the department
The IT development team is dedicated to dealing with authorised projects to help the Business Process Promotion sub-unit.
The Business Analyst must demonstrate analytical mind-set with good problem solving skills in an IT software environment. This individual will work closely with technical personnel, project manager, product owner, QA testers, and internal customers.
- Undertaking of analysis and interpretation of customer and performance data in order to meet business objectives and present results / findings which enable business decisions to be made
- Using external and internal data to drive capacity requirements by location
- Ability to interpret data and use it to present findings and key business insight
- Innovative and commercially aware
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proposing approaches for the tasks given and provide visibility of each works with output document such like a report or deliverables.
- Managing new requirement demand being raised by business stakeholders
- Document functional and non-functional business requirements as identified through the system process
- Working with internal customers to collate and document business requirements, collaborate with the IT platform teams to conduct analysis and propose a solution, and then support the delivery teams during the build and test phase.
- Involved in pre and post go-live activities and end user training where required
- Identifying changes in scope and to communicate these through the appropriate channel working closely with IT development teams to collaboratively deliver the front to back solution.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Tourism Industry (preferably Miki Internal or External Hotel Booking, Reservation, Contracting System, Tour Booking Management System)
- Strong analytical/summarizing skills, proven track record with business requirements analysis
- Strong presentation and meeting/workshop facilitation skill
- Proven ability to build user stories and uncover underlying business requirements
- Previous experience working on a spectrum from high-level organisational structure and process through to detail-level of specific requirements
- An expert in grasping different scenarios quickly, with the ability to interpret and analyse in depth
- Strong English speaking & writing skill (Japanese skill will be also welcomed)