We are currently seeking to recruit an Senior Infrastructure Engineer within our ITS Department to be based in our London office.
The senior server administrator plans, implements, oversees and maintains the server and network infrastructures and projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acquire, configure and maintain development, test and production servers. Support development, test and production servers including after-hours and weekend support and monitoring server usage and up-time.
- Interface with vendors to obtain required equipment and software in a timely manner while ensuring proper audit and budget controls are met.
- Provide technical and procedural direction to the company for the actual implementation of the network servers used, as well as interface with internal users, development personnel and other technical staff.
- Provide direction in complex problem solving situations and participate in direct interaction with internal staff as required.
- Build and maintain the servers required for development work, internal testing, and production environments. Maintain file version consistency across all development servers. Maintain access privileges and account groups as directed by development team.
- Design, implement and maintain a consistent backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Collaborate with operations, QA, third party vendors and third party data centers to provide technical direction on network topologies, server configurations, hardware/software deployments, firewall configurations and other administrative tasks related to the staging and maintenance of company development, testing and production servers.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network upgrades and new configurations.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures. Facilitate design sessions and architectural reviews. Participate in technical advisory roles, as required. Mentor associates and foster a learning and growth environment.
Skills and Experience
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Delivery.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- 7 or more years of experience in maintaining and supporting a Microsoft & Linux environment.
- 5 or more years of experience in maintaining and supporting a VMware & Hyper-V environment.
- 5 or more years of experience in maintaining and supporting a AWS environment.
- Strong record of completed projects across various computing platforms.
- CISCO (CCNA) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Self independent learning skill for our systems (Finance, Phone and others).
- Experience in clustering, communications and current technologies.