Do you have experience working within the travel/leisure industry? Then you are the person we are looking for!
Miki Travel are looking for individuals who are passionate about travel and motivated to join a growing organisation.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience.
We bring incoming tourists from Japan to Europe, more recently expanding into incoming tours from South East Asia to Europe, and the provision of wholesale hotel accommodation and related online products.
About the Department
The Connectivity team are responsible for ensuring the system connections between Miki Travel and our Hotel partners are working to an optimal level, passing competitive rates on to our client network, mitigating any challenges experienced with the connections and presenting new ideas for future developments.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Connectivity Support and Implementation within our eBusiness Connectivity Department
The role is designed to oversee and ensure successful integration and ongoing management of new and current hotel supplier dynamic connections under the leadership of our Connectivity Supervisor, supporting Account Managers in the development of their accounts.
Working closely with suppliers incl Hotel Chains, direct Hotels, Channel Managers, Third Parties, Hotel Intermediaries (switch companies) and Miki Travel Internal customers your role will include
- Act as primary support contact from supplier contract creation to final accreditation
- Update business with ongoing integration progression, impediments, expected completion timelines
- Ensure all internal and external e-mails are acknowledged, investigated, prioritized, escalated if necessary and resolved
- Escalate issues to Supervisor, relevant BA and Account Manager when appropriate.
- Check and validate end to end delivery of supported dynamic contracts
- Loading of hotel rate and room plans/collation of data for inventory/content loading
- Providing training to others on the systems that are used within connectivity team.
- Liaise with suppliers to thoroughly investigate and resolve issues
- Keep business informed of any connectivity issues which may impact trading
- Communicate all product launches and updates to relevant business partners, both internal and external to ensure product distribution opportunities are maximized
- Maintain Partner files detailing all key contacts and documentation for access by relevant departments
- Manage & support mapping relationships between product and connectivity suppliers
- Attend Conference calls to understand detailed issues which are hard to articulate through e-mail
- Monitor existing supplier feeds and ensure all supported contracts are being displayed and priced correctly on partner sites
Skills and Experience
- The ability to independently identify current/potential problems and determine the best solution by involving the appropriate resources
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects from inception through completion and manage own workload and priorities
- A passion for, data analysis and troubleshooting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Knowledge of dynamic hotel contracts and how a contract is created.
- Travel background, ideally with good understanding of Hotel Connectivity protocols, frontend UI and mid office systems and business applications (ideally Chains and/or Channel Managers
- Ability to read and understand XML logs