Do you have experience working within the travel/leisure industry? Then you are the person we are looking for!
Miki Travel are looking for individuals who are passionate about travel and motivated to join a growing organisation.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience.
We bring incoming tourists from Japan to Europe, more recently expanding into incoming tours from South East Asia to Europe, and the provision of wholesale hotel accommodation and related online products.
The eBusiness (FIT) division consists of Sales, Purchasing and Technology.
We distribute competitive hotel rates and travel products via our B2B XML API. We connect our clients directly to the wholesalers, retailers and travel suppliers that we partner, increasing their exposure and enabling our clients to reach customers in new markets.
We handle over 280 million searches per day through our API and we continue to grow at a rapid pace year on year.
The company is investing in their technology as the key growth enabler for the business by replacing bespoke systems with new technologies. As a result of this investment, this new role has become available in the dynamic, fast paced, LEAN AGILE eBusiness Technology team.
- The line of business is widespread as you could be working on any feature that has largest business benefit across our whole suit of products ranging from web, xml, contracting, post sales, credit card, back office etc.
- Will need to engage with the business teams and other teams throughout the organisation to conduct root cause analysis using a variety of techniques in order to identify the problem or opportunity.
- You will need to conduct a LEAN approach with your analysis, work on understanding the value and desired outcome first by prototyping / experimenting before writing any code and building new features. Research, Experiment, Implement and measure with everything you do. Do not just add new features, make it count.
- Once we do develop a feature you will be required to set your sprint goals and take product ownership for the delivery of this (following SCRUM principles) and provide guidance and product expertise ensuring we meet the desired outcomes.
- Will be required to take responsibility for all functional / non function user stories, business cases, user acceptance testing, be able to identify and define MVP as well as identify the point of diminishing returns.
- Will be required to work iteratively and incrementally.
- Need to collaborate very closely with developers and QA’s, both onsite, offsite and work in 3 amigo’s style.
- Execute on UAT and work with the business through UAT process.
- Provide Demo’s to the business and wider company.
- Identify dependencies, identify and manage impediments.
- Conduct retrospectives.
- Personify KAIZEN and ensure Cadence.
Skills and Experience
Essential skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think broadly and commercially
- Needs to be versatile, flexible, pragmatic
- Is highly numerate, articulate and able to communicate technical requirements clearly and unambiguously
- Has an outgoing personality with tenacity, self-direction, drive and passion
- Is able to work effectively in a complex, diverse, changing environment
- Is diligent, with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Builds effective relationships through positive communication
- Is an honest, trustworthy, valued team member and actively works well in a team
- Is keen to share knowledge and experience
- Is proactive
- Is a problem solver
- Is dynamic, creative, innovative and flexible thinker
- Has the ability to work and communicate well with cultural diversity
- Is able to use initiative
- The ability to identify turn problems into opportunities.
- The ability to manage own workload and priorities
- Travel industry experience - essential
Technical requirements / knowledge
- Agile knowledge – essential
- Working in an agile environment as a product owner
- SQL knowledge – essential (no coding required)
- XML knowledge– essential (no coding required)
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis workshops - essential
- Ability to write user stories and acceptance tests – essential
- The ability to analyse systems and API's - essential
- Basic knowledge of database concepts - ideal
- Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView - ideal
- HTML – useful (no coding required)
- Any Java, WebSphere - useful
- Good understanding of Agile frameworks
- Experience in business requirements engineering and business process modelling
- Degree educated in an appropriate field, or equivalent qualifications or experience e.g. ISEB, Diploma in Business Analysis, OO Analysis and Design, Prince 2, PMP etc.
- Hotel industry experience – ideal
With over 50 years experience in the wholesale travel industry, Miki Travel offers an exciting international working environment and you will be based in our contemporary offices in central London near to Mansion House, Cannon Street and Bank Underground stations. You will receive an attractive package with complimentary on site fitness centre and swimming pool as well as flexi-time working hours (based on 7,5 hours from Monday to Friday.