Do you have experience working within the travel industry? Are you technically minded, & driven to provide excellent customer service? Then you are the person we are looking for!
Miki Travel are looking for individuals who are passionate about travel and motivated to join a growing organisation.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience.
We bring incoming tourists from Japan to Europe, more recently expanding into incoming tours from South East Asia to Europe, and the provision of wholesale hotel accommodation and related online products.
We are currently seeking to recruit an IT Support Analyst within our eBusiness Operations Department, to be part of the growing eBusiness Client Support Team which provides outstanding technical and functional support to our customers, suppliers and Miki Travel offices worldwide.
The position is based at Miki Travel’s main London office. Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Provision of IT (eBusiness) Support for Miki Travel clients and offices mainly using helpdesk software, email or IM (Skype). Additional support by phone or face-to-face may be required
- Investigation and resolution of IT issues related to Miki Travel’s eBusiness, which will include
- Miki Travel’s online booking websites
- XML B2B interface
- Applications utilised by Miki Travel
- Maintenance of Help Desk records and the recording of all changes
- Maintain and create documentation for the IT Support repository
- Work closely with IT Support staff in the UK and Bangkok
- Suggest and implement improvements to IT Support processes and systems
- Daily handover of work to ensure a smooth transition between time zone cover periods
- Escalation of any relevant problems/issues raised during the day
- To be able to prioritise workloads on an on-going basis
- Ensuring the company maintains a good relationship with its clients
- Contribute to and promote the implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Promoting a business partnership with other departments within Miki Travel Ltd
- Responsible for the quality of the work produced in line with Miki Travel’s quality procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that remedial action is taken when and as necessary
- Complete personal development plans, appraisals, agreeing key result areas with the eBusiness Support Manager
- Responsible for ensuring that all escalation processes are fully complied with
- Adhere to and enforce Miki Travel’s company procedures and policies
Skills and Experience
- Excellent analytical and articulation skills
- High level of accuracy
- Highly organised and efficient
- Exceptional admin skills
- Excellent customer service
- Advanced level of IT skills, including in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to liaise at all levels, with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good commercial awareness and an ability to understand how IT relates to a company and impacts its performance, and the ability to use this in decision making
- Understanding of database concepts
- A structured & methodical approach to problem solving
- Friendly and positive attitude with the ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to form effective relationships with customers and employees at all levels with a strong focus on customer advocacy
- Previous experience of working in a technical Support role
- Experience of using the JIRA helpdesk software package as well as Salesforce
- Good knowledge of XML, including schema definitions
- Good knowledge of SQL
The eBusiness Support and IT Teams are responsible for assisting the organisation in meeting its strategic goals through provision of high quality, outstanding customer service and value for money solutions.
Our Company mission statement is to provide a comprehensive travel product and to build strong, long-term Partnerships. We aim to deliver outstanding customer service & satisfaction and help your Business to grow through continuous innovation & investment in our systems and technology.
Within eBusiness IT, Miki Travel has a range of systems across a number of platforms covering all aspects of our business including core reservation and booking systems, and the company has ambitious plans for replacing and/or upgrading many elements of the company’s existing technology platform over the next few years.
eBusiness work within Agile Scrum methodology.