We are recruiting for an eBilling Assistant for the eBilling section to start as soon as possible. The role of eBilling Assistant is to join a small team of 5 and is a crucial role within the team, supporting the company on a global scale. We are looking for someone to be responsible for and carrying out the following duties:
- Assisting with migrating new and existing Vendors into the electronic invoicing system.
- Vendor electronic invoicing maintenance
- Daily management of newly created electronic invoiced matters
- Training sessions with Vendors via conference calls
- Maintaining training material for Vendors.
- Posting of rejected invoices and credit notes.
- Organising and executing successful marketing campaigns for electronic invoicing.
- Weekly and monthly reporting data updates to key internal stakeholders.
- Provides assistance to other parts of finance and liaison with operations & other non-financial functions; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business need.
Skills and Experience
- Basic knowledge of accounts/bookkeeping
- Basic knowledge of eBilling processes is desirable but not essential
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience managing and supporting staff
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently on their own and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- A proactive approach to investigate and resolve various issues
- Content to work effectively in a complex, diverse and often challenging global environment
- Adapting effortlessly to change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the volume of invoice queries and other issues
- Great interpersonal and communication skills coupled with professional telephone manner
- Sound knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Experience using multiple systems is essential
- High level of competence using Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive to investigating and resolving issues
- Reliable and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines
- Evidence of managing responsibilities, achieving targets and meeting objectives
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Control focussed, accurate with attention to detail. Team orientated and responsive to adhoc requirements
With 50 years’ experience in the wholesale travel industry, Miki Travel offers an exciting international working environment and you will be based in our contemporary offices in central London near to Mansion House, Cannon Street and Bank Underground stations. You will receive an attractive package with complimentary on site fitness centre and swimming pool as well as flexi-time working hours (based on 7,5 hours from Monday to Friday.