We are currently seeking to recruit a Group Operations Agent within our Ad hoc Department
The role is designed to arrange tailor made hotel services on behalf of our clients travelling to Europe from Japan and rest of Asia. Our goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services
- Responsible of the accommodation and every other service the clients request inside the hotel such as banqueting, conference, meals to suit their specific needs
- To contact hotels (by email/fax/phone) to advise rooming lists, arrival times etc.
- Process client requests via our in house system, analyse them and send them to our partner hotels by email/fax/phone to obtain quick confirmation
- Inputting and checking rates onto the in-house system
- Dealing with clients and hotels complaints, investigating incidents such as disarrangements, damages and thefts in a professional and thorough manner
- Compile details tour reports accordingly, and negotiate possible compensation as and when required
- Prioritise the workload according to deadlines, arrival dates etc.
- Negotiating other conditions such as cancellation policies/charges with hotels when rooms are decreased with the agreed deadlines, extending or amending agreed conditions as appropriate.
- Administration tasks including deposit payments to the hotels and additional charges or refunds to sales offices to be issued due to different reasons.
Skills and Experience
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational skills are a must
- Professional and friendly telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Confident to work without supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Sound knowledge of MS office applications and computer skills
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
- Experience working in the travel industry or similar
- Fluent in French
- Personal travel experience would be considered
With 50 years experience in the wholesale travel industry, Miki Travel offers an exciting international working environment and you will be based in our contemporary offices in central London near to Mansion House, Cannon Street and Bank Underground stations. You will receive an attractive package with complimentary on site fitness centre and swimming pool as well as flexi-time working hours (based on 7,5 hours from Monday to Friday.